SponsoredTweets referral badge



Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Potty Party!!!!

With the exception of taking a few bucks off of Drizz and SLB last night, yesterday was spent continuing the potty training process for our 3 year old boy, Wrigley. And we have a party. Everytime he uses the john, we blow horns, cheer, give him M&Ms to eat, and stickers to put up on his big posterboard "W" on the wall next to the can.

We are doing what we did with our (now five year old) daughter Tyrah, which is: the day they turn three years old, the diapers come off and the underwear goes on. The only exception is when they are sleeping. Otherwise, they're big enough to frapulate in the toilet.

It worked wonders for Tyrah, who figured it all out in about a span of 4 hours on her birthday. Once she 'got it' there were no accidents. Haven't been any since. She even started staying dry at night a few nights after she figured it out, when we bought some nighttime pull-ups for her that she overheard us say were going to be uncomfortable to wear if she wet at night and thus would help along the process of total potty training. She thew a fit. She said she'd rather sleep in her underwear than wear something "umconfratable", so we let her. She hasn't had an accident day or night in two years.

Wrigley is a different animal. The first day, the little fucker didn't even try. We gave him "Thomas the Tank Engine", "Cars", and "Bonus Code: Iggy" underwear, but it didn't seem to matter. He pissed his pants 5 times and crapped them once. It think it was the cable-laying that he especially didn't like, because Day 2 went much more smoothly, and now he's hopping up on the can like an old pro today, Day 3. He actually sat through 2 hours of the "Cars" movie today without an accident and whizzed immedately afterwards in the bathroom at the theater. Which made me extremely happy, because he was sitting on my lap the entire movie.

I know, nobody wants to hear fucking potty training stories on a poker blog, but one funny line from Wrigs was when he hopped on the toilet and tried to push out a turd. One tiny butt-nugget came out. He ran into the living room, naked as a jaybird and proud as a papa and exclaimed, "A little brown marble just shot out of my butt!" and then proceeded to show everyone this marvel of the universe.

Kids.

After the wonderful world of body secretions, I checked out the Hoy on PokerStars and ended up in a little .02/.05 NL game with Drizz, slb159, and Shadowtwin. Again, a good time. This time because I (not SLB this time) pretty much ran the table. I started with $4, and left the table with about $19.50. Not a bad little profit for goofing around with a few poker bloggers. SLB was once again on my immediate right, and raised my big blind every. fucking. time. It got to be annoyingly funny. I won every time (thankfully), but one hand was a suckout of magnatude proportions. I believe I had KTo in the BB, and SLB pushed his last $1+ to go all-in, as he promised he was going to do. If memory serves me right, he had TPTK on the flop, but I ended up rivering a straight to bust him. He probably should have doubled up.

A hand I feel sort of bad about was busting Drizz's (slowplayed) set of 6's with rivered king-high flush. It was a pretty bad beat for Drizz, and I ended up with a good chunk of his stack.

It was a good time and, hell, even George Costanza showed up to play a hand or two. What more do you want?

7 Comments:

Blogger slb159 said...

You always blog the best parts about me!!! I appreciate donating.

7/12/06, 9:14 AM  
Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Get your butt to the blogger event in December!

7/12/06, 9:15 AM  
Blogger Donnie (aka Shadowtwin) said...

hell, even George Costanza showed up to play a hand or two Man, that chick was hot! I would have been playing better, but with all the blood rushing out of my brain, and only the one free hand...

7/12/06, 11:03 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Good stuff, P. I am wearing my Bonus Code: Iggy underpants as we speak!

7/12/06, 2:01 PM  
Blogger alabare said...

"A little brown marble just shot out of my butt!"

I exclaimed this to wifey pooh just yesterday...I'm not convinced it's a training issue.

7/12/06, 4:01 PM  
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Damn that's too funny. I'm cracking up that he wouldn't even try. You had to know that since the first one was so easy, the 2nd one was gonna give you some trouble.

7/13/06, 1:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Potty training rules, Wyatt is almost done as he'll wear the pull-ups sometimes to bed, but not often.

7/13/06, 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home