SponsoredTweets referral badge



Monday, June 19, 2006

Everybody Do The Limbo!

I'm in a sort of purgatory right now. I type these sentences from the Horicon Public Library in Horicon, WI. I just finished paying bills online on the house in MN, and have checked email, and surfed some bloggers site. I am currently hanging with my family and crashing at my mother in law's place here in Horicon. It's very surreal.

You want poker content? You ain't a-gonna git none. Unless I download Titan or Party onto the computer here at the library, I'm not able to play. I found an Applebees close by that's a WIFI hot-spot, but although my computer can "see" the signal, I can't log onto the network. Other than that, no internet. At all. Ugh.

Any I.T. guys out there know what the Applebees problem may be? I turned off encryption and hit "connect" to the network, but no dice. My browser is supposed to direct me to a screen where I can enter a code to log onto the Applebees network, but it doesn' t work. Help!!!

Not sure where everything is going on the job front. I was planning on being back in the Twin Cities this morning for a video conference call, but got a message on my new "pay as you go phone" (damn these things are expensive! Stoopid not knowing where I'm going to live any given week...) last night saying I didn't need to be there until we got everything hammered out with the job situation. So...I'm not sure where I stand. I'm almost to the point of saying 'screw it', and just looking for something in Madison right away instead of getting ye olde jerk around (minus the reach around). We'll see.

Since I have no real internet connectivity, I had to miss the PokerStars Blogger Tourney yesterday. I was not happy about that. I honestly think that I had a .034% chance of winning that bad boy. Sheeeeet.

OK, my 1 hour of allotted time is almost up, so I'm going to jet.

To sum up: Everything is in a state of limbo. I don't know what the hell the future holds. Good times, good times.

Today will be spent not working, freaking out, and taking the kids to the local waterpark for some good, wholesome family activities. That is if you call wholesome ogling the girls sunbathing at the pool...

Holla.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything, hope to you see you back online soon.

6/19/06, 12:29 PM  
Blogger TripJax said...

That would be hilarious seeing you playing the mookie at applebee's...

As for the connection, I can't help you there...

6/19/06, 1:22 PM  
Blogger CC said...

"Today will be spent not working, freaking out, and taking the kids to the local waterpark for some good, wholesome family activities." Minus the waterpark, I think that's a normal day for most poker bloggers, so I'm not quite sure what the issue is.

6/19/06, 1:29 PM  
Blogger The Bracelet said...

I totally had something good to say but there is some crappy horror movie on right now and this girl is wearing something that I keep hoping she is going to have a tittie pop out of. To no avail.

Anyhow, I can't help you with the connection issues. I'm so retarded when it comes to computers that you may as well call me corky, slap a helmet on my head, and just allow me to bang my head against the inside of a short bus.

As far as the job...

You were in some sort of sales, right?
I would wager that I could help you find a job to tide you over until something better came along. Of course, I tend to wager on just about anything.

6/19/06, 6:15 PM  
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Hey P,

I'm sending out the good vibes - in a strictly hetero kind of way - and betting this thing all works out the way you're hoping it does.

I will Mookie in your honor. No...that's not a metaphor.

6/20/06, 9:04 AM  
Blogger alabare said...

Keep the chin up so to speak...things will firm up in not time.

As for the connectivity with Applebee’s...I had a similar issue when i recently traveled to NYC. Ended up finally asking a manager what the deal was. They were able to walk me through it step by step being their wifi hotspot was a bit different than most. Otherwise, you can always say screw it and find a Starbucks or Panera's. I usually have no trouble there.

Best of luck!
-Adam

6/20/06, 10:38 AM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Junk,

I'll take you up on that wager. I've got 10 years outside sales experience, yo. Shoot me an email and let me know anything you gotz. Did the tittie pop out in the movie?? I'll shoot you an email, too.

IAK,

Was the Mookie good for you? I had a cigarette afterwards. Thanks for thinking of me while you "Mookie"...ahem.


Adam,

Thanks for the tip. Oh, and a Starbucks AND/OR a Panera in Central Wisconsin?? BWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I haven't laughed that hard in weeks.

6/20/06, 11:26 AM  
Blogger alabare said...

I realize there's probably a lot of cows out there...but I also never thought there would be 20 Starbucks in a 5 mile radius here in Jacksonville. heh.

If I recall, there's a setting in your wifi manager that will allow you to opt for utilizing a signal without any security hazards. I'm wondering if that's the key to your problems. When I get home this evening, I'll open my wifi stuff and see if that makes any sense.

6/21/06, 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home