SponsoredTweets referral badge



Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Poker? I Don't Even Know Her!

After eating some bison burgers (excellent) and some "notdogs" (seemed good at the time. In retrospect...yuck) at a friend's place, and basking in the beautiful, bug-free Minnesota sun last night, I headed home, grabbed a Leinie's Sunset Wheat and fired up the poker mechanism.

I sat down at a .01/.02 to get warmed up. Mr. Parx was on the My Little Pony chat thingy, so I hit him up and had him sweat me for a bit. We talked a little bit about the hit-n-run theory of getting in-banking some cash-and getting out. I agreed to hit and run. If I got up to $7 from my $5 buy-in, I would leave the table and look for fish in deeper waters.

I was up to well over $7 in about 25 minutes or so, but I refused to budge. I was having a good time being the table captain, all my bets and raises were respected, and I was making money. OK, not A LOT of money, but money nonetheless. Parx reminded me of our bargain, but I refused to leave.

About five minutes later, I took a huge hit when my two pair ran into a nicely disguised and well played set of threes. I hit two pair on the flop, led out the betting and he just followed along. Up from $7+ to just a cunt hair over $2.50.

Damned dirty apes!

TILT. TILT. TILT. TILT.

My self-appointed stop time was 10:30pm. By this point it was 10:45pm, but I wouldn't go away. MUST..MAKE...MONEY...BACK...GET..TO...EVEN...

I didn't get there at that table. I got up to around $3, but couldn't get the cards to play effectively. So I did the cardinal sin of poker whilst tilting:

I jumped two levels.

I completely bypassed the .02/.04 level and went to .05/.10, praying to the sweet baby jebus (on 6/6/06, no less) to grant me the serenity to kick some fucking ass.

First hand, I'm dealt A6c. Limped to me. I pop it to .40 and get two callers. The flop comes down J66 rainbow. Saaaa-weet. Checked to me. I bet about 1/2 the pot. Get one caller, the other guy folds. The turn comes down a 9. I KNEW this guy had a Jack and was going to take me to the river. He fires out a $1 bet. I raise to $2, he calls. River is an ace, and bingo, I'm full housing it. He bets out $2, I raise it to $3. He calls.

I scream, "SHIP IT!".

A beeeyoootiful pot comes my way, and I more than make up the money I lost on the .01/.02 table. I believe he had AJo. I KNOW he had the Jack. I'll have to double-check the hand history. AJ makes sense with the big river bet and call.

At this point, it's getting on 11:30pm, and I decide to heed Mr. Parx's advice, and I get the fuck out of there.

I know it's a dumb, dumb, dumb idea to tilt-jump. Believe me, I know. I'm just glad it worked out...this time.

I'm Michael J. Fox, and that's one to grow on.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good thing you did it on the first hand. If you had to ride out 10 hands of crap, THEN got your money, you wouldn't have stopped.

Best,
Dr. Thunder
(Mr. P.)

6/7/06, 6:53 PM  
Blogger Mahmoud Amin said...

حسابات الفوركس المدارة هي حسابات أستثمار. يتعاملون مع أسواق العملات الأجنبية. الفرق بين ادارة حساب فوركس وحساب منتظم هو أن الخبراء الماليين المحترفين وشركات الوساطة المتخصصين في سوق الفوركس يتعاملون مع ادارة حساب الفوركس.

حسابات الفوركس المدارة هي أكثر استخدما للمستثمرين ذوي الخبرة الذين ليس لديهم الوقت أو الرغبة في إدارة حساباتهم الخاصة، ولكن يرغبون في توسيع محافظهم الاستثمارية. يمكن لأي شخص أن يستثمر في سوق الصرف الأجنبي، بغض النظر عن مستوى تعليمه أو مدى انشغاله.

كل ادارة حساب فوركس لها ثمن. والسبب فى ارتفاع الأسعار عندما يكون المستثمر لديه عدة حسابات. تقوم ادارة حساب الفوركس بكل شيء مثل تحليل السوق، وتخصيص الموارد المالية، قرارات الاستثمار، وكل شيء آخر له علاقة بتداول.




2/15/17, 8:39 AM  
Blogger Mahmoud Amin said...

موقع تريد 811 به الكثير من الاقسام التى تساعد المتداولين على اختيار شركة الفوركس المناسبة لهم.

11/2/17, 9:19 AM  
Blogger Mahmoud Amin said...

هناك الالاف من الشركات فى السعودية ولكن افضل شركات الفوركس بالسعودية وشركات تداول الفوركس ووسطاء المملكة العربية السعودية هم من يوفرون خدمات تساعد المبتدئين على فهم قواعد السوق.

2/7/18, 2:34 PM  
Blogger Mahmoud Amin said...

وسطاء الفوركس بالسعودية هم عبارة عن شركات فوركس تقدم العديد من الخدمات للتجار فى السوق.

4/28/18, 10:05 AM  
Blogger حكييييييم نور 01201726286 said...

شركة تنظيف منازل بطريب
شركة تنظيف منازل بالعقيق
شركة تنظيف ببني كبير
شركة تنظيف منازل بوادي بن هشبل
شركة تنظيف منازل بسرايا عبيد
والتى بالفعل تقدم لك المزيد من الأستعداد والأتجاهات الأفضل والأسرع دائما والمزيد من العناصر والعوامل التى ترسم لنا سبيلا أفضل نحو الحافظ على صحة الأسره بالشكل الدائم والمستمر فى أطار التعامل الكبير والمستمر من أجل التعامل الدائم مع مؤسسات التنظيف العامة
والتى ترسم لنا البيئة الأفضل والأقوي دائما
ارخص شركة تنظيف بالمخواة بالبخار
ارخص شركة تنظيف منازل ببلجرشى
شركة تنظيف بأحد رفيدة
شركة تنظيف بصبيا
شركة غسيل مكيفات بالرياض


3/11/19, 7:09 PM  
Blogger El Awal said...

نظيف بالرياض
تنظيف بالرياض

3/8/20, 7:29 PM  
Blogger seocom said...


شركة مكافحة البق بالمدينة المنورة
معلم سباك بالمدينة المنورة
نجار بالمدينة المنورة
سباك بجدة
شركة تنسيق حدائق بجدة
نجار بجدة

شركة تنظيف كنب بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالمدينة المنورة

7/19/20, 8:20 AM  
Blogger El Awal said...

شركة نقل اثاث في الامارات
شركة نقل اثاث بحي السليمانية
شركة نقل اثاث بحي السويدي
شركة نقل اثاث بالسليل
شركة نقل اثاث بحى الريان
شركة نقل اثاث ببيشة

1/5/21, 2:36 PM  
Blogger El Awal said...

شركة نقل اثاث بينبع
شركة نقل اثاث بحائل
شركة نقل اثاث بالقطيف
شركة نقل اثاث بمكة
شركة نقل اثاث برماح
شركة تنظيف بالرياض

1/5/21, 2:39 PM  
Anonymous معايير اختيار افضل شركة تداول في الكويت said...

Interesting!

12/26/23, 11:05 AM  
Anonymous منتدى البورصة المفتوحة said...

I don't know her too.

1/10/24, 4:50 AM  
Anonymous هل التداول في البورصة مربح said...

You some really nice content on your blog.

1/31/24, 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home