SponsoredTweets referral badge



Thursday, May 25, 2006

How About Some Poker Content?

Sure! It's been awhile, no?

I had a great run at the tables last night. I was on fire. Literally dumping buckets of water on myself so I wouldn't spontaneously combust.

SnGs played: 3
SnGs won: 3
.05/.10 NL Cash game: +$14.00

Total winnings: $20.00

Total hours played: 2

I'll take $10/hour at the limits I play any day of the week, yo.

My cash game winnings came mostly on one hand. I'm at work and don't have the hand history in front of me, but this is basically what happened (all the cards are correct, I may be off a bit on the bets/raises).

I find KJo in middle position and pop it to $.60, I get the BB to call and one limper.

The flop comes down: KJK rainbow.

Silent Bob, I think I just filled the cup...

Now, how to extract the most money out of this pot? I don't want to just check here, because it will mostly likely get checked around. I decide to min-bet, and hope for a raise. BB calls, Limper pops it to $1.00.

Sa-weet.

I smooth call. BB folds. Turn comes down an 8h. I bet out $2, Limper pops it to $4. I call again. My thinking here, is if he's taking control of the betting, I'm going to let him and call him to the river. When we get there, I'll then take a stab at re-raising and hope he calls. I don't want to scare him off until the end. Correct? Not correct? Let me know your thoughts.

The river is a Jc. He pushes, I instacall, and roughly $13 is shipped my way.

Anyone want to guess what Mr. Limper was holding?

Highlight here for the answer: T8o

Tourist...

5 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Considering the results and the fact that your opponent held T8o, I can't complain about how you played it. I, however, would have potentially re-raised the minimum again on the turn. Why? Because then he pretty much is priced into calling, and if he has a big hand (he didn't), then he'll raise back and you can potentially get all of his money into the pot then.

However, given his actualy hand (albeit with donkey play), he'd be much more likely to flat call, and then maybe slow down on the river.

Nice hand!

5/25/06, 6:06 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Thankyouverymuch.

I HATE scaring away money when even a medium raise.

If I've got the nuts and someone else has decided to take control of the betting, I'll let them till the river and then see if they'll call a more substantial raise (they usually do...).

HEE HAW!

5/25/06, 7:51 PM  
Blogger CC said...

I don't think that player exists, or at least the board would have had a royal to his T.

5/26/06, 7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

6/11/06, 5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

7/21/06, 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home