SponsoredTweets referral badge



Wednesday, May 10, 2006

"When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone."


Damn, it's strange being in a quiet house. Most noticeably absent are the 'pat-pat-pat-pat' sounds of the kids feet on the floor. Tiny machine guns running from room to room, screaming and laughing and fighting and crying.

The only sound I hear is the constant, annoying 'meow' of the cat, who I think misses Smurfette and the kids more than I do, if that's possible. He yells at me the minute I wake up in the morning, and starts his tirades again when I get home from work. He stops to nap about 7pm, then wakes up and starts pissing and moaning at me again till I go to bed.

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Kick. Cat.

I'm always glancing up at the clock, half expecting my wife to walk through it after a long day being overly nice to women who have too much money and too little class. It never happens, though, and the minutes start to tick by slower and slower and slower. If there is a hell, it's utter, eternal boredom.

The one thing that keeps me sane is, ironically, the work I have to do on the house...and poker.

I had one hell of a good time at the WWdN tourney last night. Even though I got my ass handed to me early and often, I had a blast railbirding the final table. There was a whole crew there, whooping it up in the chat box. Hell, even Iggy stopped by to chat it up.

I even took $5 off of a guy named Beck on a prop bet when it got heads up between ricoM and Troublecat. I put my money on the cat. Troublecat (a well disguised Absinthe) ended up taking down the tourney and I was happy to see that Beck immediately dropped a sweet Lincoln into my PokerStars account. Five dollah to make you hollah, yo. Thanks, Beck for being a gentleman among degenerates.

At a lonely and boring time like this, it's great for me to be involved in a community of people who share a common interest (teh pokah), and who stop by each other's girl diaries to offer words of encouragement (see comments in yesterday's post). I was floored to wake up this morning and find 10 comments waiting for me, and it made me glad that I started this blog.

On the poker front, I've been playing (cue audience "gasp!") short-handed micro cash games on Noble and Titan. I started at the .01/.02's and .02/.04's, but found that the play is just as god-awful at the .05/.10 tables and you can make a nice tidy profit much quicker. I've been doing very well. I've found that the secret is basically:

fold/fold/fold/find a monster/get paid off/fold/fold/fold/hit the flop hard from checking in the BB/fold/fold/fold/ad nauseum.

Except for a night of dronking off all of my sweet bling-bling with TPWK, I've been a winner everytime I've played, usually doubling or tripling what my daily take in the micro-SnGs were, in a much shorter period of time.

Me likey.

Thanks again to everyone who commented yesterday and today. If anyone is up for a little chat action, or even a dial-a-shot, hit me up on the ubergeigh girly Yahoo chat: reicho3400 (at) yahoo (dot) com

5 Comments:

Blogger C.L. Russo said...

What is it about cats that invite kicking?

Thanks for helping me learn how to type "ass" in Poker Stars chat.

5/10/06, 9:43 PM  
Blogger CC said...

My wife has two cats: the now deceased Lucy cost us probably $4,500 and Tabitha about $6,500. Cost detail: moving them when we would relocate: $350 each (four times), medical bills (Lucy should have been dead the last eighteen months of her life). After Lucy was put down (I had to take her and cried like a baby even though I hated that cat), Tabitha decided that she didn't have to use the litter box anymore, could just use the basement carpet that was replaced due to Lucy bleeding all over it from her open cancerous sores. Well, she still pees in the same spot on the new carpet for the last year. I hate cats, but they've spent more time with my wife than I have, so what are you going to do? One thing to do for sure since you're alone is take a tube sock and tie it around your cat's waist. It destroys their equilibrium and they can't walk, just tip over. You can also put a sock on it's head and they run backwards trying to escape. Both are pretty fun if you're alone with the cat.

5/11/06, 9:10 AM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

I cannot stop laughing.

I am TOTALLY trying both of those.

Did you come up with those on your own? Or did you do some sort of "how to torture your cat" on Google?

Damn, that's some funny stuff.

5/11/06, 9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Gay chico Wedding invitations wording fonts butalbital and echeck Gatineau perfume How to become a hiking outfitter Bizarre sex jpeg paris hilton striping Automotive+custom+floor+mats Biker babe movie

2/15/07, 7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

2/22/07, 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home