SponsoredTweets referral badge



Saturday, April 29, 2006

F$&#'ing Tourists

Let's just say it has been tough.

I am SICK AND TIRED of tourists catching their river. I have had more bad beats in the past 2 weeks that it is making me looney.
-Poker Champ

Make that the past two days instead of the past two weeks, and you've summed up my sessions lately. I've made my set on the river at least four times on the flop this weekend, only to to see some "tourist" call my pot-sized bets to the river and catch the card they need to hit their straight and/or flush and cripple me.

As much as we all love loose/bad players, there are times like these when poker just takes a pair of fucking jumper cables, attaches them to your balls, and cranks up the voltage. I feel like Tom Green when he had his nut surgery televised. Just cut 'em open, Doc.

I know, I know, we all have bad sessions and bad stretches, but JEBUS, I've been on tilt today.

I haven't felt this way in a long, long time.

Nobody reads blogs on Saturday anyway, so I just thought I'd put this down on (virtual) paper and get it out of my system. The BeePette would just roll her eyes at me...


7 Comments:

Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Pull it together man! I bet my bad beats have been worse than yours and cost me alot more money too.. lol. Anyway, cya on the felt!

WHAT! DOUBT! You mean I was not that far ahead when I flopped AAK and had AQ, and saw a turn card, and it was nothing, and pushed, and got called by A7, and he rivered a 7? Bah!

4/29/06, 5:44 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

WAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

God, I reread that post, and I sound like such a little bitch.

I was pissed and just needed to vent.

It's funny that Poker Champ's words kept running through my head.

The guy doesn't even exist for God's sake.

Stupid Daddy...

4/29/06, 7:09 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

If it wasn't for luck I would win every hand!

Get over it. The same luck that hurts when it runs against you is the luck that keeps on bringing the fish back. I will take a bad run any day (and not like it) just as I take the good run when idiots call me with crap and I take down huge pots.

4/29/06, 7:59 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

SHUT UP!!!!

Can't I whine in peace??!!

OK...you're right. I honestly thought that no one would even comment and just wanted to get it down and vent before I jumped in to another SnG.

You guys are right.

I'll stop being a scabbed-knee little bitch and play the cards.

Thanks for the kick in the ass.

4/29/06, 8:54 PM  
Blogger The Poker Enthusiast said...

Fish are Friends Not Food.

4/30/06, 1:54 AM  
Blogger TripJax said...

I read on Saturdays...Sundays too...

Don't sweat it man, but heed this advice...the same man that wrote about the tourists wrote the following gem...

http://static.flickr.com/27/96902819_46e9f080ba_b.jpg

There is one part you may not be able to read...I noted it in my blog post here...

http://tripjax.blogspot.com/2006/02/bounty-quicker-poker-upper.html

Like I said, don't sweat it...we all gotta vent some days...

4/30/06, 10:54 AM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Thanks Trip, I think I'm going to put that as the background on my desktop as a reminder to stop being a bitch when I'm down.

4/30/06, 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home