SponsoredTweets referral badge



Sunday, April 30, 2006

Stitch in the Gash

Thanks for everyone to came over to yell at me for being such a pussy yesterday. I put a stitch in my gash, and ended up moneying in enough SnGs last night to get almost back to even for the weekend.

According to Dr. Pauly, I think I owe everyone who commented on this blog yesterday a dollar. Transfers available via Titan or Noble.

It's a rainy, dreary Sunday in Minneapolis today. The kind of day where you have a million things to do because you're selling your house, but have no motivation to do any of the work. Instead, you watch the National Heads-Up Poker Championship on NBC, play a little online pokah, and wait for the Twins game to start.

Getting a house that you've lived in for ten years ready to sell is a lot of work. Especially when you really haven't done a ton of home improvements in those ten years. Besides poker, my life has consisted of stripping, scraping, painting, more painting, sanding, painting, drywalling, mudding, taping, oh...more painting.

Our house is a cute little stucco tudor located in the city, and I never really thought of putting much work into it, because it's always been in pretty good shape...

Until the listing realtor came over and told me everything that's wrong with the place and what needs to be fixed now, otherwise she won't sell it. The list is longer than a Kenneth Lay indictment.

This isn't another stitch in the gash post. I'm not whining. It's just eye-opening, the little things that you don't realize are wrong with something when you've been around it awhile. You become sort of blind to it. In the back of your mind, you know that problems are there, but they're so easy to ignore, you just walk by them everyday with blinders on.

I think this concept can carry over to other areas of life, whether it be your marriage, the work you do, the relationship you have with your kids, your friendships, hell, even your poker game.

While we're all looking for holes in our poker game (and we all are), we should also try to find the holes in our everyday life.

And figure out how to put a stitch in it.

7 Comments:

Blogger TripJax said...

Good follow up post. Use that $1 for a SNG and let me know how you do...

Good luck with the house man...tough stuff to fix things after so many years...

4/30/06, 1:29 PM  
Blogger CC said...

gl with the house, and there are definitely at least twenty losers like me that read these gay poker blogs on weekends...

4/30/06, 9:10 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

After interior painting and cleaning out the basement, all I did was read these ubergeigh girlie diaries.

I need to get a life...

4/30/06, 10:37 PM  
Blogger The Poker Enthusiast said...

I did the house thing last summer so I feel for you. All these little things add up to a lower price.

Some times I think they are crazy when they say you need to fix things. I repainted my whole house and had a realtor say 1 week later "the house would look nice with a fresh coat of paint"

I just shook my head.

5/1/06, 9:05 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

Too late for to post and claim my quatloo?

Haley :-D

5/2/06, 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 's was a decade of wide development for North Experience. It is in these [url=http://www.northfacejacketsdiscounted.org]discount north face jackets[/url] when the brand started gaining lots of loyal clients and began sponsoring expeditions to the unexplored parts in the Earth. The sponsored expeditions became a [url=http://www.northfacejacketsdiscounted.org]north face outlet online[/url] over the years until nowadays and have become the basis for the company's mantra, Never Stop Exploring.

12/27/12, 7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for your production know-how, the down jacket can already be soft and warm. People [url=http://www.northfacecoatsforcheap.net]north face sale[/url] and extra are particular about body their figures today. Thus the unique texture, which other garments cannot be compared, catering to the tastes of most [url=http://www.northfacecoatsforcheap.net]north face coats[/url] .The down jacket tend to become more leisure, thus opening a broad space on the fashion area.

12/27/12, 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home