SponsoredTweets referral badge



Friday, May 05, 2006

Losing For Fun

I didn't make a goddamn dime playing poker last night. In fact, I lost quite a bit. Well, quite a bit for me, anyway.

But I had the best time doing it.

The turn out for the Blue Veiner Memorial on PokerStars was a little on the low side, but it was still a hella good time.

Thanks to TripJax for swapping funds with me so I could play last night. I felt bad taking him out during the tourney, but at least I paid him back right away. LOLOL!!!

It was great to play with CL, Hoyazo, President Dave Lee, Miami Don, Carmen, Kat, Mookie, Sniper, and everyone else I forgot to mention (stupid beer). Congrats to Sniper for taking down the tourney (and taking a big, blue veiner! LOLOL!!) and to Mookie and CL for finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively.

After the tourney, I hooked up with Jordan on the girlie chat and we decided to play a Dirty Dozen micro jackpot tourney together on Titan. It was a 12 person, 2 table affair, and we got seated at different tables with T1000.

After about 10 or 15 minutes, we were both down to about 650 chips (Jordan's internet connection kept giving him the aforementioned Cleveland Steamer, and I accidentally hit "call" instead of "fold" when some raised 30x the BB...again, stupid beer).

Since we both had about the same amount of chips, Jordan proposed a last-longer bet of $1. I accepted, figuring I'd be out in about 5 minutes. I was wrong. Jordan pushed at his table not long after and got knocked out. He put $1 in my PokerStars promptly. Honor among theives and all that.

I didn't last too much longer. The blinds were getting big, and I was looking for any two cards. I ended up pushing with ATc (coincidentally, the same hand I bounced with in the Veiner), got called by AKo and a la peanut butter sandwiches, IGHN.

Jordan signed off for the night, so I went back to PokerStars and rail birded everyone playing in the WWdN: NOT tourney for a half hour or so before hitting the sheets. Too. Much. Fun. I seem to remember something about Waffles asking YoSoyVeneno something about strap-ons. Never a dull moment with Waffles in the house.

Thanks to everyone who hung out last night, I had a really great time. I might actually start playing PokerStars more often, just for the community of it all.

Even if I don't make a friggin' penny.

8 Comments:

Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Now you are SOOOOO starting rumors.. it was Mrs. Mookie I was asking about Strap-on's.

5/5/06, 10:50 AM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Ahhh, it's all coming back to me now. Damn that Leinie's Sunset Wheat! A cloudy beer that clouds the mind.

My bad, my bad! Don't hate, don't hate!

5/5/06, 11:12 AM  
Blogger TripJax said...

Yes, I swapped money with you in more ways than one...

LLOOLOLOOOLLLL!!!!!1

5/5/06, 11:20 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

You missed this hand with your late arrival. Calling an all-in with the Hammer is an interesting strategy.

Rick (aka darval)

5/5/06, 11:31 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Great playing against you last night, sorry (but not really) about stealing your blinds last night. Didn't help me in the end. Have a great weekend.
Dave

5/5/06, 1:01 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Thanks beetches!

It was a pleasure to chill witchall y'all.

We should do those smaller tourneys more often.

5/5/06, 2:56 PM  
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

More tourneys, definitely, as long as we can keep the cleveland steamer references to a minimum.

What, isn't the shocker fun enough?

5/5/06, 11:16 PM  
Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

I was gonna say..I'm really losing it if I can't remember that conversation with Waffles...

Cya at the tables...

5/5/06, 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home