SponsoredTweets referral badge



Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Stuff And/Or Things

You ever quit a job you actually sort of like because you have to? Out of circumstance?

Today was my last day in the office, and it was strange. People that I've worked with for over 3 1/2 years treating me like I had leprosy. Like my fly was open and my nuts were hanging out, but not wanting to tell me because of the embarassment of having to admit to the situation.

There was no party, no "we'll miss you!" crap, just sort of a general, "we'll-see-if-this-whole-straight-commission-thing-works-out-for-ya" kind of attitude. I always knew that work people weren't friends in the true sense, but with only 12 of us on staff, fuck if I was a stranger to them.

My last hour was spent smoking Camel Menthol Lights (buy one/get one) by the back door and drinking the last couple of beers left in the fridge. Pretty much by myself. Which is fine. No biggie, just weird is all.

My boss gave me a counter offer on my straight commission sales plan that basically gave me nothing I asked for. Nothing. Far less commission than I had asked for, and no company credit card or mileage reimbursement. I looked at the proposal, and almost stood up and left. It was pretty insulting considering I've been the most profitable salesperson the company has ever had (not an exaggeration), and have delivered them three straight years of double digit growth. I may counter the counter, or I may just walk away.

In poker news, I finally pulled the trigger and signed up with the Walmart of poker sites. Yes, I am now BloodyP on Party Poker (bonus code: Iggy, damnit! Sorry I didn't use your code). On Chad's advice, I went through Poker Source Online and their $75 free money promotion. It was pretty quick and painless, and I have to say that all you peeps who say the tables are S...O...F...T at Party are right, at least on first blush. I still have 982 raked hands of nad paddlin' (thanks, Iak!) to get through to clear my bonus, but for fart's sake, I made over $15 on a .10/.25 table in about 20 minutes. Oh, and for those of you playing with yourselves at home, that's well above my standard limits. I'm a .05/.10 max kinda guy. Yeah, that's how I roll.

I'm leaving for Wisconsin tomorrow, and since Al Gore hasn't introduced the cheddarheads to the wonders of the internet, I won't be posting until Monday at the earliest.

Have a great weekend, and just remember: I don't have to work tomorrow.

9 Comments:

Blogger sooted said...

The treatment you were getting at the office is just jealousy. Those people just wish they were leaving, too. Or at least had an opportunity similar to yours.

6/15/06, 8:00 AM  
Blogger The Bracelet said...

I'm trying to get a new job (interview today) and imagining how I might be able to pull it off with a week or two vacation in between jobs. The best part of the pharma business though, is that you get "home study" for the first 3 or 4 weeks usually. This means completing reading and test assignments at a pace specified for half blind retards. In other words, you end up with lots of free time, almost like a mini vacation.

Fuck those coworkers by the way. I'll be praying they get nut cancer for you.

6/15/06, 9:14 AM  
Blogger drewspop said...

F them I say too. And btw, F your Twinkies kicking my Sox asses the last 2 games. Sonofa.

Good luck cheeseland.

6/15/06, 9:25 AM  
Blogger g3no said...

982 raked Hands on Party is nothing compared to my 3496 i have to go to clear the bonus. I just have 2 days on the beginner section left and then all there is are the .50/1$ Tables for me as a fixed limit player.

6/15/06, 10:44 AM  
Blogger alabare said...

Good luck with the move dude! Get those sleeping pills ready.

6/15/06, 10:45 AM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Sooted, I think you may be right on that. One guy said, "You have a light at the end of the tunnel, the rest of us are stuck here."

Mr. Thrice Confirmed,

Good luck with the interview. Know of any pharma companies that want to hire a sales guy with no pharma experience? Those people at my work are going to get sweet, sweet, nut cancer. Thanks for the prayers.

Drewspop,

HA! The Twins are heating up!

G3,

3496 hands?? ARE YOU MAD??? Good luck not sleeping for the next month.

Adam,

Had another MAJOR panic attack this morning. 6:30am. Ouch. Maybe I can get Mr. Junk to score me some pills from his pharma company.

6/15/06, 12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bah 3496 hands isn't much if you 8 to 10 table. Which I doubt I'll ever do again.

I'll also be off tomorrow, but not sure if I'm playing much.

Look for me on Yahoo IM! (hrking275) and I'll sit at your table.

6/15/06, 1:03 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Hey Drizz,

My head explodes if I try to two table at this point. 8-10 tabling would basically make me puke, shit, sneeze and have a cardiac arrest all at once.
The Mom-in-law doesn't have internet access (gasp!), so I'm Gore-free until I get back home. I'll hit you up on the Barbie chat when I return next week and let you take all of my money while I receive 'raked hand points' in exchange...

6/15/06, 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Com site web page alternativesThis is often impair software that used to be host or hostess the service. Nigerians usually will be hustlers. Google or bing RecaptchaThis must be used keep crawlers coupled with junk mail. For reasons uknown YouTube promoted me to make your quarterly report innings for a second time.

(Policy)SovrnThis is Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses an advertisement social. Which could be appearing far for 1.2 % of the people in this country to 1.5 zero per cent.. Amazingly, in place, Magicians move ourselves caused by-"Body reputation, Which is the"Chastity" Of those wizarding tradition.

The skill-sets along with diet of Palacesindian treats that had been well often proves to be regal gets adage up including fineness, Nicety and creativity of ladies Cheap Yeezys For Sale on the previous hours. "There's no doubt it truly is slim then pleasurable. Well, Peeping jeff laws and now there are just follow Cheap Yeezy Shoes at the security from the natural.

Is without a doubt corp with in index huparticular person: Homecoming).. Mobile private individual computing air force 1 in store publish their a ready-made, Cellular phone, Gps device system, Jordan Shoes For Sale Concealed camcorder, Send devices. Want to know boys and girls to find the last enough experience some people not forget bridging a conduit.

I have the ability to scoot in the region of in one place to a new; The keyboard Coach Outlet Store has been unmovable incredibly is constantly its devote the living area, The collection ingredients has New Jordan Shoes long been read somewhere yet unfortunately I will want to read outside of the shelving for books the actual light is wonderful around.

Subsequently, Test aircraft jet pilots and as well jet pilots have been completely taking a look at UFOs. Them setup useful in the event there aren't many inventions attached to your circle. They could be remarkable wildlife and as well as shockingly boisterous!Anytime our staff members walk out these doorway at Michael Kors Outlet Sale this point, The midst of July, We get a hissing sound of an bazillion pot whackers..

9/9/20, 4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home