SponsoredTweets referral badge



Thursday, June 15, 2006

Talk To The Hand

I'm really starting to like Party Poker. I don't usually put down hand histories, but this one is a boner-fide classic:

#Game No : 4518114218
***** Hand History for Game 4518114218 *****
$25 NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, June 14, 22:04:24 ET 2006
Table Table 108133 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 3: CookedGoose2 ( $29.85 )
Seat 6: TheNutKicker ( $25.45 )
Seat 4: BloodyP ( $19.80 )
Seat 2: geheimnis ( $12 )
Seat 1: mel00000 ( $25 )
BloodyP posts small blind [$0.10].
TheNutKicker posts big blind [$0.25].
mel00000 posts big blind [$0.25].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to BloodyP [ As Kh ]
mel00000 checks.
geheimnis calls [$0.25].
CookedGoose2 folds.
BloodyP raises [$0.90].
TheNutKicker folds.
mel00000 calls [$0.75].
geheimnis folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ad, Kd, Ks ]
BloodyP checks.
mel00000 bets [$1.38].
BloodyP calls [$1.38].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Js ]
BloodyP checks.
mel00000 bets [$5.22].
BloodyP: man...
BloodyP calls [$5.22].
** Dealing River ** [ 6c ]
BloodyP bets [$7].
mel00000 is all-In [$17.40]
BloodyP is all-In [$5.20]
BloodyP shows [ As, Kh ] a full house, Kings full of aces.
mel00000 shows [ 6h, 9d ] two pairs, kings and sixes.
mel00000 wins $5.20 from side pot #1 with two pairs, kings and sixes.
BloodyP wins $38.10 from the main pot with a full house, Kings full of aces.

First of all, I think I slowplayed this almost to perfection. BIG pauses between his bets and my calls, throwing down the "man..." in the girlie box to show my internal conflict. I was a classically trained Pokerian actor on this hand, and it paid me off nicely.

Secondly, WTF was this guy doing betting with Big Lick (69o) on a flop like that?? Looking for runner-runner flush??

____________________________________

I don't know if I should toss the salad on this next morsel, but what the hell, we're all friends here, right? Another trick I've been experimenting with is the 'chat box fakeout'. Basically, you type 1/2 a sentence into the chat box, and then apologize, saying it was in the wrong window.

Example:

I am dealt 66. The flop comes down AK3. I am most likely behind here, but if someone bets into me (and gives me odds), I'll let some time expire on the clock, and do this in the chat box:

BloodyP: owplay my set here.
BloodyP: oops
BloodyP: wrong window

I'll usually follow that quickly with a min-raise and watch as the other person thinks about it, then folds. I've done it three times, and it's never failed me. I'm sure it will at some point, but Mr. Parx has seen me do it twice, and I won the pot both times.

[Please note, this really only works when you're heads up with someone. Any more players in the pot, and your chances of pulling off the fakeout diminishes accordingly.]

OK, I'm actually leaving for Wisconsin now. For real. No messing around. Not sure if I'll be back Monday or Tuesday or whenever. First packing up my cube at work, and now trying to cram my life into an old BMW. The times they are a changin'.

I'm not quite sure what to do with all this freedom I have. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

15 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

He must have thought you were bluffing.

6/15/06, 4:25 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Absolutely.

BUT he never checked back to me. I just let him lead the betting until the river, where I figured he may check back to me.

Fortunately for me, he hit his pair.

You would think that he MAY figure me for the King!

6/15/06, 4:54 PM  
Blogger CC said...

I don't think you're looking at this quite right. Did you put him on 96o? Of course not--mission accomplished. You're too focused on a hand and a result--he's setting you up for the big score eighteen months from now...

6/15/06, 4:58 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

CC,

Now THAT'S funny!

Well played, sir.

6/15/06, 5:33 PM  
Blogger alabare said...

I have to agree, that was some funny shit CC.

Great flop though. Isn't it great hitting a flop like that and the only thing you really have to stress about is how to get as much money from your opponent as possible?

6/15/06, 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still can't believe that "oops, wrong window" thing worked. TWICE.

Nice Rev-Max on the boat, too. However, 69o??? That guy has some self-hatred, must-lose issues. Be sure to tag him as a "buddy."

Best,
Mr. Parx

6/15/06, 7:46 PM  
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Your chat window sniper fire will be likely be known as owplay'ing it now. Rest assured I will try it this week. CC's right by the way, I am laying multiple 18month setups all over Stars as we speak. Beware the Fish...

Hang in there on the move, the last post hit close to home, 'cause I too am leaving a place I've been happy and productive for 8years. It sounds like you simply felt its time, though. I doubt your instincts are letting you down. Good luck, keep us posted.

6/15/06, 9:16 PM  
Blogger g3no said...

"Big Lick (69o)" <- thats funny. Never heard that.

6/15/06, 9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, FYI, I sat at a 10-man .25-.50 limit table, and doubled my bankroll. Not my buy-in. BANKROLL. Other higher rollers may scoff at our low limits, but the rush is the same.

Don't swear off limit, yet.

Best,
Mr. P

6/15/06, 9:35 PM  
Blogger TripJax said...

i like big lick...can't remember if i've ever heard that before...

6/15/06, 10:39 PM  
Blogger drewspop said...

Dude, I thought big lick was 69 sooooted, and 69o was little lick.

Anyway, Twins 3, Red Sox 0

Nice speakers at the dome.

6/15/06, 11:57 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Ortiz can lick it. (I do like the BoSox, though).

Oh,and after my triumphant boat listed in this post, I played a little PLO, and lost $20 in ONE HAND when my boat got busted by a bigger boat.

Drizz, why do you play Omaha again??

I'm writing this from bumfuck Wisconsin at the public library...

6/16/06, 2:33 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Ortiz can lick it. (I do like the BoSox, though).

Oh,and after my triumphant boat listed in this post, I played a little PLO, and lost $20 in ONE HAND when my boat got busted by a bigger boat.

Drizz, why do you play Omaha again??

I'm writing this from bumfuck Wisconsin at the public library...

6/16/06, 2:33 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

adidas yeezy
golden goose outlet
lebron shoes
yeezy 500
stephen curry shoes
lebron james shoes
supreme clothing
bape
kawhi leonard shoes
jordan 11

5/23/21, 2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

supreme outlet
hermes
air jordan 1
westbrook shoes
jordan

10/9/23, 5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home