SponsoredTweets referral badge



Monday, June 26, 2006

This Little Piggie Went To Market

Wee wee wee, all the way home.

Back in the Cities. It's strange, but it sort of doesn't feel like home anymore. I know it's only been 10 days, but I could literally feel myself tense up as I took our exit into gangland and heard all of the overly loud bass pumping, people walking in the middle of the street into traffic like they owned the road, Little fucking Debbie wrappers everywhere, and all of the other bullshit that comes with living in the hood.

Comparing and contrasting the house here to Wisconsin, I think the thing that I've been craving, and what has ultimately justified our moving to the power of cheese is this: peace and fucking quiet.

In Wisconsin, I can sit on the porch swing at night with a smoke and a beer and listen to the crickets chirp and frogs croak and just relax and think, or read...undistracted. Here in the city, I can sit out back with a smoke and a beer, but I can still hear the neverending hum of the freeway half a mile away, or the neighbors fighting, or kids screaming, or 80234 dogs barking. There's never silence. Ever.

Ever.

Today has been pretty mundane. I'm taking a little work break to post this. I've spent the entire day scraping paint off of, and applying stain to, the floor of my daughter's room. Fun. And I'm not even close to being done. Whoopee.

The only really good thing about being home is teh pokah. Last night, I sat down with a PBR, a Camel Light, and the laptop. And crushed. Just fucking crushed. I took my Noble account from $57 to almost $100 playing .05/.10, and later logged into Titan and took my measly $5.50 and turned it into over $20 in about a half hour on the .02/.04 tables. It's hard to believe that I used to only play SnGs and thought that cash games were -EV. Ha! I'll play an occaissional SnG with a blogger now and then, but the bread and butter for me now are the 6-max ring games.

No big hands to share from last night, no graphics, just a couple of hours of good, solid poker. I didn't even use the chat fakeout.

Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure hope you took all that scratch off the jerks I gave it to. Played poorly day before yesterday. Under 50 again on Titan.

6/26/06, 8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work tramadol North carolina divorce law Washington dc cooking school Coed blonde hottie car cd changer installation printer cartridges play keno vicodin online

4/26/07, 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home