SponsoredTweets referral badge



Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Vegas

Damn, do I ever want to go to Vegas for the WPBT. The situation I'm in probably won't allow me to do it, but somebody let me know that he found flights out of Minneapolis for $129.00. I'm 99 44/100 sure that I can swing that, all I need to do is convince Smurfette. I'm thinking that an empty room, some jumper cables, a battery, a phone book, and some limbuger cheese should do the trick.

But probably not. The big tourney is on my son's 3rd birthday.

If anybody else knows of any killer deals out of Milwaukee or Minneapolis, please let me know.

Also, still looking for some help getting my wireless card to attach to WIFI signals in coffeehouses, Applewhore's, etc. The damn thing sees the signal, gives me the signal strength, but won't let me connect to it...HELP!

Thanks for all the comments on my previous posts, as well. It's nice to hear from some familiar avatars while I'm far away from home.

7 Comments:

Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

The jerk did the same thing to me! I can swing the airfare and I know I can find somewhere to crash, but I don't have the funds I'd like to gamble(or drink for that matter).

I've done it before and it's just not as much fun that way.

6/21/06, 11:57 AM  
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Try going into your IPCONFIG and seeing if it is assigning you an IP. Sometimes trying IPCONFIG /release IPCONFIG /renew works for me if I can see a network but can't seem to connect.

6/21/06, 1:14 PM  
Blogger TripJax said...

"I'm thinking that an empty room, some jumper cables, a battery, a phone book, and some limbuger cheese should do the trick."

Hilarious dude, friggin' hilarious.

6/21/06, 3:33 PM  
Blogger StB said...

Speaking from experience, Airline Deal, Milwaukee, and Vegas rarely are found in the same sentence.

Anything below $250 direct (Midwest) is a bargain. I think Frontier goes at $225 with a stop in Denver.

6/22/06, 10:05 AM  
Blogger RA said...

http://geeksquad.com/

6/22/06, 10:40 AM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Thanks, all.

Duggle, I'll give it a shot. Not sure where to find he IPCONFIG, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

If I can get this damn computer to work, I can get over my Poker DT's...

6/22/06, 11:25 AM  
Blogger CC said...

You might want to go to the UPS store; you can probably UPS Ground with packaging for less than $129. If you save the box, you would just have to pay for the UPS Ground on the return.

6/22/06, 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home