SponsoredTweets referral badge



Friday, July 28, 2006

Hammer


Click to enlarge (it's worth it).
Thanks to B for putting it together.
_____________________________________________
Last night, I played in a home game in Milwaukee which I originally thought I was told by BadgerBucco was an "underground" MTT in the basement of a Mexican restaurant. It was actually at a guy's house who lives near a Mexican restaurant. At least I got the basement part right.
It turned out to be a 10-person turbo SnG, and it was a blast. Why was it so fun? Because I took that motherfucker down, that's why. I was catching cards, making good reads, truly analyzing the board, calculating odds, and laying down hands when I need to. I have a tendency to be dead money at a live game, but last night everything just clicked.
Also, I got vengeance for this hand (see #1). Same exact cards, different outcome. W00T! Sorry, Josh.
I was dealt aces twice, cowboys once, and AK three or four times. Surprisingly, I was never dealt the hammer. Not once. These boys play something called the "tit whistler" which in its purest form is 74h. There are, of course, different variations, but these chaps played it like aces. And they showed everytime.
After the tourney was finished, there was a cash game that I basically broke even on. Since I'm the worst Omaha player in the world, I lost 1/2 my stack during those rounds chasing draws and/or thinking I had the nuts, only to find out someone else had the mortal nuts. I brought my stack to one dollar over even during the last round of Hold 'em, so I was up all the way around for the evening.
That is, of course, until Josh and I went back to his pad and dronked off $20 or so on SnG's on Pokerroom and Stars. Blah.
Thank God for live poker.

8 Comments:

Blogger TripJax said...

I love it...

7/28/06, 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, Hammer, don't hurt 'em!

Great pic. Congrats on the live play.

Best,
Mr. P.

7/28/06, 3:20 PM  
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Actually I have been meaning to popularize the shout "Mjulnir!" when one of us drops 72o. You apparently need no introduction to Thor's baby, so your assistance will be most appreciated.

7/28/06, 7:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I could play some live Omaha :(

7/31/06, 2:50 PM  
Blogger johni micheal said...

Suppose you have a habit of snacking when you feel stressed. Chances are that in the near future you will once again get a craving for snacks as soon as stress arises. Changing this habit will often be difficult for you.
Pure Keto Cleanse

12/5/19, 4:57 AM  
Blogger johni micheal said...

trees usedFiber Optic Christmas Tree
in homes and public places, is a very fragrant tree. The Balsam fir is also fairly fragrant. If you like the ambiance of a fresh Christmas tree but consider the scent of pine indoors a bit overpowering, the Eastern White Pine may be your best selection since this tree doesn't have much fragrance.

12/6/19, 7:27 AM  
Blogger Superior Flux Male Enhancement said...

Certain types Modern Christmas Treeof christmas tree confiers definitely suit the Victorian style more accurately than others. The taller slimmer trees include the spruce and the balsam fur. Victorian style trees are not as spindly as the rounder American style trees and show very little white space through their branches. Also the color of Victorian trees tend to have a bit of a blue tint to their green branches. Keep this in mind if you are shopping for an artificial or corner christmas tree.

12/7/19, 8:06 AM  
Blogger Superior Flux Male Enhancement said...

Superior Flux Male EnhancementSites like Maleenhancementvideos.com, Capatrex.com, Livevideo.com, Spike.com and Veoh.com, show videos which are uploaded by other users who attempt to demonstrate homemade techniques and tips on how to enhance the male organ. It will always be the male ego which produces phenomenon such as male sexual enhancement. Male enhancement has grown popularly well especially during this age when people are becoming more attuned and critical of their physical well-being.

12/9/19, 4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home