SponsoredTweets referral badge



Thursday, March 16, 2006

It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp

God, I've been running bad of late. I feel much the same as Scurvy Dog, except on a budget. I can't win a coin flip, get my aces and kings cracked by small pairs that hit their set on the flop, etc., etc., blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine. Wait! Theeeere's more!

I played in a 12 player SnG last night where the person to my immediate right got dealt pocket pairs three times in a row and hit their set each time. 88, meet an 8 on the flop. TT, here's your turn friend T. And Jacks? Here's the third of your triplets.

How many times can that happen? The odds of it has to be about the same of me leaving a date with Elisha Cuthbert, so I'm not late for my date with Catherine Zeta Jones later on, but ending up in bed at the end of the night with both of them, plus Selma Hyek.

Ergh...

The bottom line is that I feel like I'm playing smart, tight/aggressive poker, but getting pushed around by the Bitch Variance. It's been a "piss-away-a-quarter-of-your-bankroll" kind of week, and I'm starting to go on a bit of apathy tilt.

After awhile last night I would get AA or KK in great position and just KNOW that it was going to get cracked. I played like it was going to get cracked. I was the Pavlov's Dog of the poker world by the end of things last night. I had a learned response to the repeated actions going on around me. I was playing "DOA" poker.

I guess I owe Dr. Pauly a $1.00 for the bad beats story, but what is a blog, but someplace to vent every once in awhile (or more...).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear Hear ma brutha.

Hopefully it'll blow over soon for ya bud.

PS, did you see this today?
http://today.reuters.com/investing/financeArticle.aspx?type=bondsNews&storyID=2006-03-15T174222Z_01_N15403811_RTRIDST_0_CONGRESS-FINANCIAL-GAMBLING.XML

Our wonderfull government is REALLY trying a major suckout on us now:(

3/16/06, 2:25 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Wow. It's Black Thursday.

3/16/06, 4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black Thursday indeed.

I think this makes it officialy the biggest government preperatory step against gambling since prohibition, or am I wrong?

3/16/06, 5:26 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

I think you may just be right.

3/16/06, 8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Unlimited cellphone Arkansas home instruction for preschool youth http://www.free-educational-stationery-borders.info/contract-o2-mobile-phones.html online psychology decree survival rate for kidney cancer web design san diego

3/4/07, 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Ppc advertising programs Watch me walk away song State farm insurance in canada Fitness training products exercise fitness center lasik md in calgary Bluewave back pain relief system Free zelda or link games Analog video input cards Totalblock antispam Animated sofa Large size graph plotter residential interior design bdsm movie Home insurance insurance health insurance coverage Kathy gangbang squad Dermatologists skin care Dick grote short stop baseball buy ultram Forums on zoloft dosgage

4/26/07, 3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home