SponsoredTweets referral badge



Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Half Assed

WARNING: Navel gazing entry ahead.

I've lived in this teeny, tiny, wonderful little town for almost 8 months now. And I've been asking (axing, to those who keep it most real) myself:

Have I given up? It's a conversation that my wife and I have had a few times recently.

Here's the deal: I moved to Minneapolis to conquer everything. And I mean EVERYTHING: The music scene (was in a band), the writing scene (was working on a book...still am), the whole SCENE scene, man. I had friends in the music scene, the literary scene, the art scene. My time was NOW.

It never happened.

So, I decided to get away from the big, scary city, get back to my comfy roots, and live in this town. And I've sort of wondered if I've just given up. On life, on ambitions, on everything.

My decision: No. (My friend may disagree with me, but I think it's true.)

Here's what I HAVE realized:

I do everything half assed. Everything.

Whether it's guitar playing, writing, blogging, poker playing, masturbating, whatever...

Half ASSED.

Not really sure what to do with that right now, since it's a fairly recent discovery. I mean, I guess I've known it all along, but didn't really come to the "discovery" until now.

Wow, does that sound like I just came out of the closet or what??

Anyway, I feel like my life has been summed up by a Homer Simpson quote: "If something's not worth doing half assed, it's not worth doing at all."

That's me, in a nutshell.

Comments? Questions? Concerns/and/or inspirations?

(I'll probably only skim your responses, since that's how I apparently roll)


9 Comments:

Blogger TripJax said...

Were we seperated at birth?

Dude, fwiw, i would totally read a book you write. I'm constantly laughing at the shit you post. Take that last sentence about the comments. I laughed out loud.

3/27/07, 9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's too late to respond properly. I'll get to this tomorrow. Or, you know, sometime soon.

Best,
Mr. Parx

3/27/07, 10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally a decent post.

I've got stuff to say but not on your comment section. Hit me up, or not.

brewguru

3/28/07, 7:48 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

You know, I have a similar character flaw. I'm lazy. But try to turn it into a positive. Instead of being lazy, I consider myself a man of leisure. Instead of doing everything half-assed, you are a renaissance man. Work it, beyotch!

3/28/07, 11:04 AM  
Blogger osinsh said...

wonderful post. i did even comment it.

good.

3/28/07, 2:05 PM  
Blogger katitude said...

"Whether it's guitar playing, writing, blogging, poker playing, masturbating, whatever..."

Half-assed masturbating??

Dude, seriously.

3/28/07, 2:18 PM  
Blogger slb159 said...

Start moderating your comments, then you can just check them every few days so you'll be able to say you do something else half-assed.

Plus you'll be a commie!

3/30/07, 8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well as long as you are not dead, there is still time to change it all. I would start out small, aka masturbating. If you cant get good at that, there really is no hope for you.

Hey good luck with this and your new blog. I was wondering if you would like to do a link swap with my blog. You have some good stuff here and I think people would like to read you as well. Check out my blog and if you put up a link just post a comment in my blog so I will do the same. Thanks again

1stRule

4/5/07, 5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Half-assed can be the best way. It's a marathon not a sprint; tortoise and the hair etc.

I'm nearing 40 and I'm only now starting to see some rewards for my half-assedness. It does come and the good guys do come out on top. Just got to have faith in yourself.

10/28/07, 5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home