SponsoredTweets referral badge



Monday, July 31, 2006

Arggggh!

My boy is all about being a pirate the past week or so, so I keep screaming "Arggggh!" at various and often inappropriate times lately. Forgive me.

Played a little cahds last night on Noble, and doubled my measly buy-in in about 10 minutes or so. Hand of the night was holding AJo and getting pushing into on a 2J7 flop. I had watched this guy for a few minutes and saw that he played (and lost) just about every pot. He didn't reraise this hand pre-flop, and I doubt he'd play The Hammer, so I couldn't put him on anything higher than pocket nines.

I called.

The turn and river come down rags, the pot ships my way (he mucks), and just like that, I'm up $4.00.

Another player at the table (tight/aggressive type) said he went back into the hand history and found that the guy had been playing pocket nines.

Nice read, P.

After that, I won a few small pots here and there, but mostly folded, since I know how I tend to play after consuming dizzingly amounts of Busch Light...and it ain't good.

On the home front, I'm sitting here at the Horicon Public Library checking out the hot geriatric beetches (boomin' grannies, hear that ladies?), and peeing AND shitting blood whilst waiting for the damn bank to get back to me for final loan approval. Seriously...do they not have computers? Are they doing their calculations on a fucking abacus or something?? It's not that hard, folks. Sweet baby Jebus.

The main strike against us is not having jobs at the moment. Dudes, I've got money in the bank, tons of money coming my way on 8/24/06, and I have a decent credit score. What's not to like?

EDIT: We got the loan, it's all good in the hood. They're screwing us on the rate and giving us an ARM until we get jobs, but WHEW!

Oh yes, jobs. Always with the jobs. Oi. I actually found two, count 'em two AV sales jobs in the area that would be perfect for me. I called and sent resumes this morning.

Wish me mad luck, yo.

9 Comments:

Blogger The Bracelet said...

"boomin grannies"

I saw you at the checkout line, you dropped your coupons and you was looking fine...

7/31/06, 2:16 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

sophisticated, and so mature, I really couldn't care if you were 50 or 74, cuz I WANTchya, you bet, listen old lady I'mma make you sweat.

Three points to Huge Junk for being first to catch the Beasties reference.

7/31/06, 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much of my considerable luck is being sent your way.

Boomin' Grannies: (no comment when typing from work)

However, WTF is "dizzingly" and how did it get in that sentence?

Best,
Mr. Parx

7/31/06, 3:19 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Mad Luck!

7/31/06, 4:02 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Thanks, Chilly!

And Parx, "dizzingly" just sort of sounded good at the time. I still sort of think it does.

And yes, I know, it's not a real word.

8/1/06, 11:09 AM  
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Real words are for pussies.

Great news about the mortgage.

Sorry to here about your sudden case of GeriaPhilia, but I'm sure it's nothin' a good therapist can't fix.

8/1/06, 12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and regarding the Boomin' Grannies: (yes its SFW)

http://www.oedilf.com/db/Lim.php?Word=alphamegamia

Just for you, P.

Best,
Mr. Parx

8/2/06, 8:09 AM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Safe For Work?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Why on earth would I care about that!

As for the limerick, that is some funny, funny shit, mon ami.

8/2/06, 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the limerick was just for you, but the SFW was for everyone BUT you.

Fucker.

Best,
Mr. P.

8/6/06, 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home