SponsoredTweets referral badge



Monday, March 27, 2006

Tiltboy

I am on mega tilt right now.

My son Wrigley (named after the field, not the gum) has had "stomach issues" the past 24 hours. Events involve a full on exfoliating bath at 2am and dry heaves at 7 o'clock this morning. Fun stuff.

Since my wife had a full schedule, and I'm a sales schmuck, it was decided that I work from home and hang with the kids. While Tyrah (named after Ty Cobb, not Tyrah Banks) played on the computer downstairs, I fired up the mobile poker machine while Wrigley rested next to me. I went on an absolute tear, playing three SnGs and placing 1st in all of them. W00T!

I decided to play the Hold 'em Poker freeroll at 5pm. Wrigley was doing better and playing, so I grabbed a beer, grabbed my nuts, and fired it up.

There was an absolute manica push monkey at the table. A master of the suckout like I have only read about in the past. I saw him go all in with 78c vs. AA only to hit his flush on the river. He was literally playing any two cards.

The fourth hand into this freeroll, I find QQ in late position. Monsiuer push monkey has already raised it T500, so I decide "What the hell? I'll push." The player to my left calls, as does the monkey. I worry about the player to my left until he flips J10o. The maniac I was targeting flips K3 and we're off.

It's all rags, and I'm a 91% favorite to win after the turn. Until there is this strange sound. I've heard it many times, but it never resonated as loudly as it did at that moment. It was the sound of a suckout. A king hits the river and a little box appears on my screen politely thanking me for playing and that I've been released from the tournament in something like 798th place. I've never finished that low in this tournament in my life.

I go on MEGA TILT.

What do you do when you're on mega tilt? Why, head on over to Titan and fire up an SnG!

And get knocked out on the bubble.

What do you do when you're on mega tilt and knocked out on the bubble? Why, fire up four more SnGs and get destroyed in all of them!

I'm down monetarily for the day, and down in the dumps emotionally for the next two or three days (implied odds). Ok, it's not that bad, but jebus...

On a related Tiltboy note, I received this email from Josh Paley of The Tilboys, after I was the first to respond to a post he wrote:

Bloody P--

You did an outstanding job with your response in the Tiltblog.
Whereas other readers apparently could not figure out how to post a
comment, you did. You got scoreboard. You will get the Miami
Hurricanes book.

You must be almost as excited as I was the day that I was channel
surfing about a decade ago and landed on VH1. They were giving away a
set of CDs by The Who, autographed by the living members of the band.
I called up and won immediately. So, I know the level of excitement
that you are currently experiencing. Try not to drive for the next 24
hours.

The book will ship sometime this week. It should arrive well in
advance of next year's Steak and Blowjob Day.

Regards,

Josh
I have won Tales From The Miami Hurricanes Sideline by Jim Martz, autographed by Josh Paley.

I couldn't be any more proud.

Tilt on, motherfuckers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Nice job!

I couldn't figure out how to post a comment.

3/28/06, 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome:)

3/28/06, 11:31 AM  
Blogger Farhan Tanvir said...

clipping path to image manipulation, our workers are highly skilled and proficient in a variety of areas. change car color photoshop

10/26/18, 2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home