SponsoredTweets referral badge



Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mistakes May Have Been Made

OK. I admit it.

I may have been wrong.

This move to small town Wisconsin may not have been the best idea.

I miss the Twin Cities.

There. I said it.

I mean, I really do love it here. Honestly. It's quiet, I've made some "friends", I'm making major bank in Milwaukee, my kids love their school, it's cool. Like, totally.

But it's not Minneapolis. Not the GOOD parts of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The parts that I would drive to, and eat and shop and hang out in.

Plus, the wife misses the Cities EVERY. DAY.

EVERY

DAY

I don't know.

I love the small town atmosphere here in Horicon, WI (pop. 3000+), but I miss a lot of things about the Cities. And not just the obvious ones.

I looked at houses for sales in the Cities for the first time today.

Looking at the big picture, we could move back, and live in a good neighborhood. You know what that means, right? We could raise our kids in a good area, with all of our "true" friends around us. The quotes are there to differentiate between acquaintances and people we love.

Fuck me.

**Disclaimer: The above is just a stream-of-consciousness rant that is beer fueled and may be more honest than the author intended.

2 Comments:

Blogger BamBam said...

As long as you're being honest to yourself, your wife and your kids, there's no such thing as too honest in my books.

Life's short. Do what makes you happy !

1/21/08, 11:02 AM  
Blogger B said...

You should move back, but give it at least another year so the kids can enjoy school and friends. If nothing else at least when you do move back you know your kids will have friends they can hang with every holiday when you go to visit Grandma.

1/21/08, 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home