SponsoredTweets referral badge



Saturday, April 14, 2007

Egotastic!

So...

As most of you know, I'm busto on Full Tilt (send any donations to "Bloody P"...I'm $0.40 shy of playing in Kat's Friday tourney).

I was afraid it was going to happen on Poker Stars as well.

I had a meager 'roll of about $110. I managed to dronk that off to about $50 the other night. Needless to say, I was afraid of going busto on Stars, as well.

Then it hit me.

I axed myself, "Oh, Bloody one, why art thou handing thyself thine own anus?"

And verily, I say unto you beetches (as I done saith to my badself the other night): It was all EGO.

No, not EGGO. Not leggo my freaking eggo. I'm not Waffles, for the love of Darryl Hall and John Oates.

Ego. That thing inside of you that tells you you're better than the people you're playing against, and you can't believe that they'd call your pre-flop raise (with A7 s00000ted) with AK, because, hell, you've been a total tight-ass, rock tonight!

The nerve!

Ego was kicking my ass, and I had to let it go.

To update, I'm back up to the $90 range after playing some SnGs on 'Stars. And I'm up because I listened to a certain mister Kenny Rogers, who knew what the fuck he was talking about:

1. You got know when to hold 'em.
B. Know when to fold 'em.
3. Know when to walk away.
E. Know when to run.

Seriously sage advice. I played four 6-handed $6.60 SnGs tonight and here's how I finished:

1
2
4
2

Why? I was ego free. Also see A-6 above.

Last night, here's how I finished:

6
4
2
4

Why? Because I was the best player at the table and I can't believe my ducks didn't hold up against AQs!!

Anyway, you know what this muther father did to win tonight?

I put my damn ego aside and played some cards.

Know when you're beat, know when you're ahead, people, that's the key.

________________________________________

Oh, on a personal note, I accidentally cut the crap out of my dick with a pair of electric hair cutting shears today when I was doing some "manscaping".

Lying on the bathroom floor was tons of hair and crazy blood everywhere. Seriously, blood shooting from my dink. I was almost afraid I'd cut something vital off.

I can barely move even now without excruciating pain.

True story.

5 Comments:

Blogger jjok said...

check yer email

have fun......

4/15/07, 12:35 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

JJ,

You freakin' rock.

So not necessary, but really appreciated.

You'll get it back. Hopefully sooner than later.

BP

4/15/07, 6:35 PM  
Blogger Wolverine Fan said...

we oughta pay you just for the story about your "manscaping". Coffee almost spewed from the nose on that one.

4/16/07, 5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I weren't down to 3 bucks and pennies on FT myself I'd throw you some.

Best,

Parx

4/16/07, 6:05 AM  
Blogger alabare said...

Man...I was all inspirational and motivated thinking what great advice for my game...then you go cutting off your dick.

I'm not cutting my dick to improve my game.

4/16/07, 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home