SponsoredTweets referral badge



Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Gotta Get Up To Get Down, Gotta Gotta Get Up...

I'm finally crawling out of my evil-robot-chubby bad swing. For awhile, the hits were coming faster than Mike Tyson before all the rape charges/facial tattoos/ear biting/having sex with Waffles/etc.

BadBlood posted something to the effect that he was constantly getting drawn out on, and that's exactly what was happening to me. Every draw was hitting against me. Every. Single. One. Set over set, top two pair is no goot against a rivered flush (or straight). And this is with pot sized bets along the way. Pot odds are thrown out the window at my limits, it seems.

It was seriously making me want to eat keno crayons to build my bankroll back up. I would've eaten four for $200 a couple of days ago.

Things are getting better. Thankfully.

I've also decided that I'm not playing MTT's or SnG's anymore. Ever. Well, if it's a charity blogger event, then I will. Otherwise, I'm done. I'm terrible at it. 6-handed SnG's? Maybe. But only with Parx.

I've (finally) realized that although I'm insanely jealous of other people's successes in that realm of the poker universe, and want to emulate it (granted, on a much smaller scale), I'm just not cut out for it. I have no patience for it, and I go on MASSIVE tilt when I'm a huge preflop/flop favorite and get drawn out on. I'm talking Bruce-Banner-into-the-Hulk-tilt.

I'm a cash game guy. It's who I am. Whether it's .10/.25 on Full Tilt, .05/.10 on Stars, or the $50 NL table at the Luxor, that's my game. Tourney's? Not so much.

Speaking of cash games...

Tonight, "TMav21" helped me start the bankroll-rebuilding process immensely. I took about $15 off of him in about 20 minutes. If you ever see TMavv21 on Stars, and are willing to drop a few levels, sit down and play with this guy.

I was a sad, sad pound puppy when he finally got fed up and left the table. I was unwinding from a long day and playing a little micro. After figuring this guy out for what he was (a calling station), I played this hand.

Crucify me if you must, but I knew I was good here:

PokerStars Game #7330611739:  Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2006/12/06 - 20:47:37 (ET)
Table 'Hyakutake II' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: condorandino ($21.10 in chips)
Seat 2: yepwingtim ($13.35 in chips)
Seat 3: Bloody P ($13.40 in chips)
Seat 4: TMavv21 ($27.30 in chips)
Seat 5: Funkert ($24.80 in chips)
Funkert: posts small blind $0.05
condorandino: posts big blind $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Bloody P [Qd As]
yepwingtim: folds
Bloody P: raises $0.30 to $0.40
TMavv21: calls $0.40
Funkert: folds
condorandino: folds
*** FLOP *** [4h 9d 9s]
Bloody P: bets $1
TMavv21: calls $1
*** TURN *** [4h 9d 9s] [8c]
Bloody P: bets $1.10
TMavv21: raises $1.10 to $2.20
Bloody P: calls $1.10
*** RIVER *** [4h 9d 9s 8c] [Jd]
Bloody P: checks
TMavv21: bets $1.20
Bloody P: calls $1.20
*** SHOW DOWN ***
TMavv21: shows [Ac 7s] (a pair of Nines)
Bloody P: shows [Qd As] (a pair of Nines - Ace+Queen kicker)
Bloody P collected $9.30 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $9.75 | Rake $0.45
Board [4h 9d 9s 8c Jd]
Seat 1: condorandino (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: yepwingtim folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Bloody P showed [Qd As] and won ($9.30) with a pair of Nines
Seat 4: TMavv21 (button) showed [Ac 7s] and lost with a pair of Nines
Seat 5: Funkert (small blind) folded before Flop
Yeah, that extra dime on the bet after my check on the river was really going to push me off the pot...

To quote Willie Mays, "I had that one all the way."



2 Comments:

Blogger osinsh said...

You play one limit at FT and other on PS. Why? Is there a difference?

p.s. I play only at UB, so dont know about FT and PS.

12/7/06, 5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

6-handed SnG's? Maybe. But only with Parx.

I'm honored. Or is it because with my chips AND yours you stand a better chance? What is being implied here?

Sunday afternoon, perhaps, and from Tuesday on, the Mrs. is out of town for a week. Let's donk some nickels!

Best,
Parx

12/8/06, 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home