SponsoredTweets referral badge



Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Flophouse

It's been a good 'first Thanksgiving' in a small town. We stuffed ourselves with a family recipe that has lived in my wife's family for generations and enjoyed each other's company. Until 7:45pm, of course, and then the wife whisked us back home to enjoy Grey's Anatomy in peace. Mc Fuckin' Dreamy. I hate that guy.

Moving on...

Horicon has put up all of its 1950's Christmas Tree/Angel/Bell lights on the lamp posts, as well as big, shiny, tinsely "SEASONS GREETINGS" sign strewn across intersections at every main point of access to the town. It looks like fucking Bedford Falls here right now. Part of my wants to run down main street howling, "Merry Christmas you wonderful old Building and Loan!".

Black Friday was spent with only one goal in mind: staying the hell out of the way. I hate crowds. Especially crowds that consist of 99% gargantuan, greasy women burping up BK Croissandwiches, and beating the hell out of each other for a $10 DVD player that they'll give as a gift to someone who knows they only spent $10 on it at fucking Walmart or Kmart or wherever, and will use the damn thing for two weeks before it blows up not only itself, but the Special Edition DVD that they bought with their own money that cost 5 times as much as that shitty DVD player cost.

The P's pretty much just layed around in our pajamas and watched TV, played some board games (Candyland forever anyone?), and vegged out. 'Twas nice.

Until I saw something in a circular that made my brain twitch. I even felt something move in my bathing suit area.

Sports Authority had a $240 poker table on sale for $80.

So I got my ass out of bed at the crack of 9:30am on Saturday, threw on a sweatshirt and my PokerStars cap and drove an hour and a half to to pick one up.

Sa-weet.

Here's a good idea of what it looks like:
















Although this is a "Pit Boss" and mine is a "Royal Flush", they are virtually identical.

Oval? Cupholders? LUCKY!

I spent the rest of the day cleaning out a room full of boxes and turning it into what I've decided to call "The Flophouse". Get it? Get it? Damn, I'm clever...

So. Yes. I now have a poker room with a fully functional Death Star poker table. Considering that there isn't a ton to do here in bumfuck Wisconsin, I think it will get quite a bit of use once the snow starts flying.

Lastly, I'd like to thank all of the poker bloggers who have played cash games with me the past two weeks. You've helped double my online bankroll, and been a blast to hang/play with.

Awwwwww, snap!

3 Comments:

Blogger katitude said...

nice table...I can see you now with your laptop sitting in the dealer's position *grin.

Oh, and your welcome. I'll be seeing you next week to get my monay back, now that I've lulled you into a false sense of security.

11/27/06, 9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lost plenty last night, after my triumphant Peep. But very little to you, my personal Moriarty.

Sweet table. Let's play again soon.

--Parx

11/27/06, 4:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I got the same table at Sports Authority, finally no more bitching from my friends about my $14.99 hexagon fold out.

11/28/06, 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home